Chief Executive Officer
Michele Levine was born with a passion for people and what makes them tick, social justice and an insatiable curiosity about life.
With over 30 years’ experience as a researcher, Michele has been responsible for thousands of surveys, including many of the largest research projects ever undertaken in Australia, many of which continue to play a critically important part in shaping our society today.
With a fundamental belief in the empowering value of information, Michele was instrumental in the development and refinement of Roy Morgan Single Source, the world’s leading consumer study (based on over 50,000 interviews a year) and, in 2010, the introduction of the Roy Morgan Business Survey.
Since her appointment as CEO in 1992, Michele has been responsible for the launch of Roy Morgan Single Source in other markets, including New Zealand and Indonesia and is driving the impressive global growth of the Company in major markets like the USA and UK.
Michele was ahead of her time in foreseeing the exponential growth of big data and, consequently the need for software (like ASTEROID) which can manage and order massive volumes of data – as well as the need for highly trained analysts who can help make sense of it.
Still a proud ‘researcher’, she is a hands-on CEO, personally involved with the Company’s core products and the results of the Company’s surveys on a daily basis.
Many of the Company’s innovative products - including Technology Adoption Segments, Web Audience Measurement (WAM) and the world-leading Reactor suite of tools for measuring audience reactions in real time - would not exist had it not been for Michele’s foresight and determination to lead rather than follow.
A popular speaker at seminars and conferences and sought after by the media as a knowledgeable and thought-provoking social commentator, Michele has ambitious plans for Roy Morgan Research as a world leader in providing information that matters and answers that help our Clients discover their competitive edge.
- B.Sc (Hons.), Psychology
- Master of Environmental Studies
- Qualified Practicing Market Researcher (QPMR), Market Research Society of Australia
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member, Australian Institute of International Affairs Victoria
- Honorary Fellow at the Australian Institute for Business and Economics (AIBE)
- Honorary Patron at Menzies School of Health Research
- Roy Morgan Research Limited
- Roy Morgan International Limited (incorporated in USA)
- Roy Morgan International Limited (incorporated in UK)
- Haoma Mining NL
- Kitchener Mining NL
- Malthouse Theatre
- Australian Made
- 1980/1 Graduate Research Assistant, Melbourne University
- 1981/2 Researcher, University of Washington, St Louis
- 1982/3 Researcher, Institute of Family Studies
- 1983-Present Roy Morgan Research
- Co-Director Australian Values Study
- Manager of Morgan Gallup Poll
- Manager Consumer & Social Research
- Chief Executive