The readership of sections within newspapers have long been a hot topic among advertisers, agencies and publishers but a comprehensive, independent measure has not been available in Australia. Until now.
In an Australian first, Roy Morgan Research has launched two new measures of newspaper sectional reading and engagement:
1. Sectional Reading (topic by masthead)
2. Sectional Reader Engagement
Discover the answers to many questions that have remained unanswered for decades, including:
- How many people are actually reading Sport in the Sydney Morning Herald or the Herald Sun in Melbourne?
- Who is reading Fashion and Beauty, Holidays and Travel or Cars and Motoring?
- In which section is my target market most engaged?
- How do newspaper sections compare with other media options?
- Where are the hidden opportunities?
View the four videos of the Launch Presentation for an in-depth understanding of how these new metrics will give you an enhanced understanding of the behaviours of newspaper readers.
Video 1: Michele Levine, CEO of Roy Morgan Research gives a brief introduction of how newspapers can now take their rightful place in an integrated campaign.
Video 2: Michele Levine, CEO of Roy Morgan Research introduces Sectional Readership for the first time in Australia.
Video 3: William Burlace, Director of Media Services outlines the new Sectional Readership measurement metrics.
Video 4: George Pesutto, Director of Media and Publishers, with practical examples demonstrates what this means for publishers and advertisers.